Privacy is one of the first reasons why people purchase blinds, shades, shutters, or drapes. When you move into a home or apartment with no window blinds you experience this exposed feeling or "fishbowl effect". Most window coverings offer complete privacy however some fabrics are more translucent than others and you should always ask a window covering professional about the level of privacy each window covering offers.
2. Light Control is essential to comfortable living because it protects your home's interior from harmful UV. It doesn't take long for floors, carpets, art, and other valuables to fade drastically when exposed to direct sunlight. Light control also helps create the perfect lighting ambiance for your home.
3. Energy Efficiency provided by honeycomb shades can reduce heat or AC cooling loss up to 20-40%! Check Energy.gov for more information on how window coverings can help you save on your energy bill.
4. Style & Decor provided by window treatments can add the finishing design touch to any room in your house while providing all of the benefits listed in this blog. Windows make up a large part of your home so it's important to dress them tastefully. No one enjoys looking at a droopy dusty cheap blind right? If you have large spaces beside or around some windows then we can help you find beautiful fabrics and hardware to add in the form of cornices and side panels.
5. Durability is so important when choosing a window covering brand. At Coeur Window Coverings, we curate the best window coverings from the most innovative manufacturers in the USA and around the world. Many big box or online stores offer a maximum 3-year warranty. The last thing you want to happen is to purchase a home full of blinds that degrade and cause problems shortly after.
6. Motorization, Automation & Integration of window shades are becoming standard in new homes. Builders are hardwiring windows for motorized shades so homeowners never have to change batteries or recharge them, but if you are remodeling or you're reading this after your drywall is already up, don't worry. Rechargeable batteries last a year (depending on the shade size and use) and only take 3 hours to recharge! Small concealable solar panels trickle charge these rechargeable batteries to prolong battery life even more. If you consider motorized shades to be a luxury they definitely are a necessity for hard-to-reach windows or large banks of windows. Additionally, our motorized shades can be integrated with several popular home integration systems as well as the Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, & Apple Homekit.
7. Noise Reduction can be an important feature for Spokane area homeowners that live near high-traffic areas or near train tracks. Certain window coverings can help dampen that exterior noise and also reduce echo and soften sound inside your home.
8. Cleaning / Maintenance varies depending on the window treatments and where you live. If you live down a dirt road or in an agricultural area, you may consider window shades instead of slatted blinds. Many people we speak with complain about the time it takes to dust and over time, wash their blinds. Window shades don't collect dust as slatted blinds do so consider this when choosing what direction you'd like to go when purchasing window coverings for your Spokane or North Idaho home.
9. Quality, Service, & Warranty are key to peace of mind after purchasing a full house of window coverings. Even the best brands make mistakes but what sets them apart is their willingness to stand behind their products. We only offer window treatments from manufacturers with limited or full lifetime warranties.
10. Budget may be the biggest determiner of brand and window coverings type during your in-home consultation. That is why we offer quality window coverings for every price point.
These considerations and many other details are all discussed in our free in-home consultations! Give us a call and let us guide you through our stress-free, no-pressure design consultation.