French doors are renowned for their timeless charm and ability to infuse natural light and architectural elegance into a space. However, finding the right window coverings for these doors can be a delicate balance between preserving their aesthetic appeal and adding functionality. With an array of options available, choosing the ideal window covering for French doors can significantly transform both the appearance and utility of a room. Let’s explore some of the most popular and practical types of window coverings specifically tailored for French doors.
Examples of window Coverings for French Doors
1. Shutters: There is a reason why shutters are #1 on our list for French door window treatments. Shutters are easily the most durable and one of the more seamless window coverings because they look like they are part of the door and are available in wood and hard wearing composite materials.
2. Cellular Shades: Ideal for energy efficiency, cellular shades (also known as honeycomb shades) provide insulation by trapping air within their cells. They come in various opacities and offer excellent light control, making them a practical choice for French doors. There are two options when choosing cellular shades for French doors:
Magnet catch that keeps the shade in place when operating the door.
Smartfit with a wood frame to match the door color.
3. Roller Shades: Simple and sleek, roller shades are an uncomplicated yet effective solution for French doors. They offer a modern look and are available in a range of materials and opacities, from sheer to blackout, catering to various privacy and light control needs.
4. Roman Shades & Natural Woven Wood Shades: Both of these window treatments are popular with interior designers because they pair well with custom drapery. Roman shades, like drapes, are able to be tailored using the Customer's Own Material (C.O.M.) giving designers complete design control.
5. Sheer Curtains: For those who wish to maintain a light and airy ambiance, sheer curtains are an excellent choice. They offer a delicate touch, filtering light and providing minimal privacy. Sheer curtains come in an assortment of designs, from solid colors to subtle patterns, allowing for customization according to the room's decor.
7. Drapery: The benefit of drapes for French doors is that they complement the architecture of your space. This is an excellent option for homeowners who don't want to drill into their beautiful doors or take away from the look they already enjoy. How Can We Help?
During your consultation, our expert will lay out all of your options and give you the pros and cons of each window covering for your particular French Door. If you are in the need for window coverings for French Doors in the Spokane and North Idaho area then give us a call at (208) 921-9257 or fill out an appointment form and we will reach back to you shortly!